Sorry I've been neglecting you. Here's a quick (pop)date:
1) Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, should watch Slumdog Millionaire.
It's a sweet little film shot in India about a boy who goes on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire to win the heart of his childhood sweetheart. That doesn't really do it justice. Best parts: Bright colours, amazing child actors, great soundtrack. The only down side is that the plot is a leeeetle cheezy. But we all like a little mush right? It would be a great date movie, but doesn't have to be. It's directed by Danny Boyle if that means anything to you, he also did Trainspotting and 28 Days later. Mostly, you should watch it because we should support great movies so that more get made.
2) Pushing Daisies is being cancelled? WHYYYY???
At least there's still GG. I live to watch Blair and Chuck.
3) James Bond - Quantum of Solace. Gotta throw my 2 cents in, right? Um... it was a pretty typical Bond movie, I think. Ya know, sex, chase scenes etc. It's a sequal, sort of, to Casino Royale. It was a little more intellectual than usual... Jamie had some mental issues he had to sort out, but other than that it wasn't really super special.
I was really torn up about Olga Kurylenko because on one hand I was pretty sure I thought she was adorable, but on the other, her hair looked kind of weird a lot of the time. SPOILER ALERT! The best thing, for me, was when you see girl #2s dead body, in the oil. Looked very cool and old-Bond.
4) I am kind of addicted to the Mentalist, this crime show where a fake psychic solves mysteries.
I've heard it's like Psyche, but not funny. Umm... I love the man, Simon Baker (Creep from Devil Wears Prada), because he's adorable, and Deb from Empire Records is in it and she's always really cool, plus it's really interesting to see how 'psychics' figure shit out and hypnotize people. But mostly I love that I can always guess who did it within the first 10 minutes. It makes me feel like a psychic too.
5) OMG in 14 hours I will be watching... TWILIGHT!
Yes, I am going for the first screening at the Arclight. I am such a FFG (Fat Fan Girl). But I did have enough pride to resist a) going for that MTV Spoilers thing, b) Loitering around Westwood last night for the premiere, which was an FFG infestation, and c) buying the poster. I was later rewarded for c by finding a large box of them at Norris after class.
Mormon Tool from my BCA class thinks that Twilight is going to tank. Clearly he knows not the power of the FFGs. I also want to say that he is going to be a shitty producer, but I guess he just won't make ALL good things. I can't say for sure that what he DOES make will be shitty. One thing I am sure of, he WILL make something, because his film biz fam seems to be rolling in cash and encouragement.