Sunday, February 10, 2008

Where have you been all my life?


The neighbour (the one that does still want to eff me) just went on a romantic weekend getaway for 2 to ... the new Ralph's downtown.

Ha-ha, you think I'm joking when I say romantic, being ironic, but I'm really not. It's the best date I've ever been on.

I don't know why I haven't been there before. When I came back (after the summer) everyone was like "oh my god, you have to go to the new Ralph's, you'll love it, you'll want to live there." Because I already sort of live in the shitty Ralph's. But I'm never going back there again (except in maybe like an hour to buy tin foil coz I forgot...)

This Ralph's had an anti-pasto bar with olives and tempenade, and they had a bakery, and a cheese counter with good cheese, and they had aisles of sundried tomatoes and organic food accessories, they had produce that was fresh and not manically depressed and wilted. Oh yea, and they had the biggest wine section I've ever seen, that was continued after the (break). Er, that is, they had a giant wine section, then some other stuff, then the liquor (with a GIANT bottle of Absolut that somehow (on sale) costs the same as a regular bottle?) then in the liquor section there's a walk in wine closet for the classy wine.

We spent... close to $300 (together). Thank God I have a car, and thank God the neighbour has terrific arm muscles.

I'm in love.

No comments:

 

free hit counter
Crutchfield Electronics