Monday, May 26, 2008

An Eventful Trip To Starbucks


And here I was, worried that I wouldn't have anything to write about for the rest of my life.


I've been sitting on the couch wooing/watching TV for 3 days straight, and tonight, my eyes were feeling particularly square. I was also ready for bed, despite having only been awake for 9 hours. So, at 10:15 pm I decided I needed a quick Starbucks break.

Then, on the way home from Starbucks, I see these cop lights in my rearview mirror. (It is literally 2 streets away from my apartment, so the fact that I get pulled over is really really pathetic.) I have had this great fear of getting pulled over, ever since the great road trip of '08 where Rach and I were pulled over in every state from California to Canada. Anyway, I was all effeffeff oh no, as I roll down the window, not entirely sure that I was even meant to be stopping since the lights weren't flashing or anything.

Cop comes to my window. My headlights were off. Damn. "I'm so sorry! Oh my god, I didn't even notice!" Also, my stickers are expired. *What the eff are stickers?!* Lisence and registration please. "I don't have a proper registration because my car company (EFFING FELIX) was meant to do it for me and they said it would be sent to my house but I haven't gotten it yet!" He takse my stuff away. He comes back, tells me he is going to give me a warning.

I pull the foreign card. "I'm so sorry, I'm not from America, I didn't realize I needed new stickers!"

"Oh really, where are you from?"

"Singapore."

"Oh are you mixed?" I babble for some time about being mixed, he tries to make the Asian connection (he was Asian), asking if I spoke Chinese. I babble about being too late to take it. He comments on my accent, inquires after my major etc. Babble like a brook. Laugh about needing a job or a husband. He gives me some tips like parking in a structure so I don't get a ticket for the stickers, but don't worry, it's a fixit tickit, do you know what that means? No, I don't. It means when you fix it, the ticket goes away. Grooves.

But here, have my business card. Call if you have any questions at all. Okay I will! Yea, call soon. Okay! Bye!

Drive home, sniggering to myself, cursing my forgetfullness.

No comments:

 

free hit counter
Crutchfield Electronics