Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Perspective - very small tree = far away?


A few years ago, there was a PSA in Singapore that encouraged looking away from your computer every 45 min and out to some greenery in the distance. It's meant to rest your eyes or some balls. The only window I can see from my desk is behind me and all I can see through that is a wall. Solution:

My daddy bought me a bonzai tree and book on bonzai care for either xmas or my birthday quite some years ago. At the time, I was like whytf would you think a teenaged girl would want this small tree thing over something like say a bottle of tequila? The maid took care of the tree for a while, then she left and it died and the next maid used its little pot to grow some other crap in it.

When my eyes started to ache after two hours of being a working woman, I remembered both the PSA and the bonzai incident. Taking advantage of my papa's fondness for buying me doodads, I requested another bonzai and he obliged. My theory is this: When you look out a window into the distant trees, they seem very small. Perhaps I could just have a very small tree placed closer, to give the illusion of large trees in the distance.

One problem: Small pumpkin has been displaced and now sits sadly on a pile of scripts.

No comments:

 

free hit counter
Crutchfield Electronics