Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Paella Plan


The Roommates and I are having a Paella Partay this Friday. Mostly because I wanted to try to recreate the amazing Paella that Sam and I had in Spain, but also because I have been having these little visions in my head of being a classy lady and hosting cocktail parties and soirees etc etc.

However, I am finding recipes difficult to decide on. I'm making 3 different ones, Seafood (coz that's the real deal), chicken (because I like chicken) and veggie (coz Rach and Mom are anti-animal).

So, just to keep my thoughts in order, here's what I'm going to do:

Ingredients:

Diced onion
Chopped tomato
Diced red pepper
Diced yellow pepper
Garlic
Chopped parsley
Frozen peas
Paprika
Saffron
Med grain rice
Chicken stock
Olive Oil
Salt n pepper
Lemons

Seafood:
Fillet talapia, cubed (and salted)
Squid, ringed
4 large prawns (not shelled)
some muscles.

Chicken:
Chicken parts, cubed (and deboned) (and salted)

Vegetable:
Asparagus?
Green beans
Canned artichoke
White beans

Method:

Coat the bottom of the pan in olive oil. Heat. Fry onions and garlic, then add bell peppers. Add paprika. Add chicken/seafood (minus prawns and muscles) /raw (ie not canned) vegetables.

(I'm debating adding Sofrito but it looks like a bit too much work)

Add chicken stock. Let simmer. Add rice. Add canned tomatoes/ other vegetables that you left out. Add saffron. Give it all a good stir. Let simmer for say... 10-15 minutes. Arrange seafood nicely on top.

Oven it for... 15 minutes?

Sprinkle some parsley on top, slice a lemon in half or mebbe into quarters and put on side or on top or whatevs.

Done :)
We hope.


Next up: The sangria I will try to make.

PS. To the person who asked: I loved James in Last King of Scotland and thought he could have been nominated for supporting if only Forest hadn't stolen the show.

No comments:

 

free hit counter
Crutchfield Electronics