Monday, September 24, 2007

Serving Sangria

I'm just a little bit too fond of alliteration.

Anyway, it's 3 am but thanks to a midnight coffee run by Mom and a post-coffee Del Taco run by Dad, I am sufficiently caffinated enough to be buzzed all night not doing work. Woo woo.

So instead, I am looking up how to make sangria.

We've done this before, but it was sour as all hell. From using lemon concentrate.


This sangria isn't actually one that I made, it was one consumed in Cabo. But I took the pic so that counts for something right?

So here's how it's gonna go down:

1 part orange juice
1/2 part gin or maybe brandy.. we'll see.
2 parts red wine.

Zinfadel, or Merlot, some recipes say. In this case, it's Franzia. We're classy like that. (Does Franzia even have a type of grape? Or is it just a hodgepodge of leftovers?)

And er, some chopped apples and oranges and maybe a few grapes for good measure. Actually, we have some frozen grapes in the freezer, those would make pretty cute ice cubes huh? Then it won't dilute the drinks. Anyhoo, they can all hang out in the 5 million plastic pitchers left over from the big 2-1.

So far, confirmed:

Me
Rach
Ronez
Ginge
Shawks
Mom
Dad
Steph
Stephen
Liv
Bert
Jake

Waiting on:
Jesse
The boys from 5
Ross
Probs some other peeps

Do you even care? Probs not. But that's cool.

1 comment:

skin said...

Sounds delicious. If it somehow manages to not turn out delicious, remind me and I'll get Marlene's (Josh's fiance) recipe. It was very tasty the one time I had it.

 

free hit counter
Crutchfield Electronics