Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thanksgiving Treats


They don't look very good but thats coz my camera has gone all funny and is taking ugly pictures. I assure you they were delish.

Cranberry & Pecan Sugar Cookies (makes 3 dozen)

So, first we make some basic sugar cookies... I use this:

3 cups flour
3/4 tsb baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla

Beat the butter and sugar together, as usual, add egg and vanilla and keep beating. Sift in the dry stuff, add milk. Mix some more.

This should now be a big ball of poop. Delicious poop.

Add in:
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped dried (or fresh? but I think tinned will be too soggy) cranberries

Mix all together, then dump them on to a long sheet of clingfilm and roll into a log (I usually make 2 logs or else it makes an outrageously long snake) about 1 1/2 inch in diameter.

Fridge for at least an hour, if you're lazy overnight.

Return after watching Heroes, or Grey's, or 2 episodes of Degrassi or Friends reruns ( I guess you can watch other stuff too) and take the rolls out of the fridge.

Cut the logs into 1/3 inch thick slices. I rolled coated mine in powdered sugar, but I guess you could skip that if you want. You might want to shape them a bit better too, or not.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes (maybe longer if you left it in the fridge overnight...)
Let cool.

Melt 4 sq of Giraldi semi-sweet chocoate (I dont remember how much that is, but really I just used the leftover chocolate from the cheesecake) with 1/2 a cup of heavy whipping cream (I'm sure you could use regular cream) and stir on low heat to thicken, you might want to add a little vanilla, but maybe not.

Half dip the cookies in the chocolate. Leave to set.

Eat and be a fatty.

No comments:

 

free hit counter
Crutchfield Electronics