Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mushroom Lasagna


In an attempt to do some serious ass-kissing for NB's parentals, I made dinner on the last night I was there. My big worry was that they are pretty healthy and don't really use much oil/cheese/fat etc, which is really the only thing I'm good at. But I remembered Ina Garten making a mushroom lasagna, and since NB loooves mushrooms, I figured I'd give it a try. It's cream-based, which still went against the whole fatty fat thing, but whatevs. I served it with a sort-of caprese salad, sort-of because I used little mozzerella balls and baby tomatoes and mixed greens with the balsamic/basil/olive oil.

Thoughts:

-I didn't use alll portobello, I mixed in some brown mushrooms (the store didn't have enough, and brown was cheaper anyway) and it was still good. You could probably use more than she used.

-I Used just about every pot/pan in the house... so make this if someone else is cleaning up.

-I probably would have added an equal amount of shredded mozzarella to the Parmesan because it wasn't very gooey or cheesy.

No comments:

 

free hit counter
Crutchfield Electronics