Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Very Long Plane Trip

I watched 5 movies on the plane. I am too lazy to do proper things on them, and also jet lagged, so I'm just going to list them in order of what I liked best (I liked them all, surprisingly) and some things to note.


1. St Trinians - I grew up on the TV series, loved how it kept the old stuff and added a good dose of our generation ("We're not Goth. We're Emo." and "It's like Hogwarts!"). And there were Chavs. Um Rupert Everett, Colin Firth and Lily Cole were in it. Also, Russel Brand (aka Aldous Snow from Sarah Marshall?!) showed up playing pretty much the same guy. The soundtrack was cute, too.


2. Charlie Bartlett - I've been wanting to see this for a while. The main kid was a bit creepy in his over-zealousness but was a terribly good actor. Robert Downey Jr was cool. The love interest had really big lips and is going to be in the House Bunny, which we will all watch and love. But most importantly, half the senior class from Degrassi was loitering around the background! Craig was the captain of the football team, Paige wanted new boobs, and Jimmy could walk! OH and Tyler Hilton was the school bully! And was hot!


3. The Other Boleyn Girl - Was good, as can be expected from star-studded cast. Eye candy: Jim Sturgess as their brother. Yea, I'd be incestuous too, if I was hanging out with him all day.


4. Penelope. Oh James, I love you. I thought this movie would be awful from what I've heard, but it was better than I thought. I mean yea, it was a little morally, but it was sweet and the look was cute. As was her wedding dress. AND, there was a dwarf, which makes everything better. Also, Russel Brand was strolling around this film too, playing pretty much the same guy! I was soooo confused when I saw him twice in one plane trip.


5. Spiderwick Chronicles - As far as kids films go, it was pretty good. I mean, some of the plot was flawed, but it was enough to scare me at some point. Freddie Highmore plays twins, so props to his Lindsey skills, and like her also had to fake an accent. Mom was Mary-Louise Parker from Weeds, and was hilarious as usual.

No comments:

 

free hit counter
Crutchfield Electronics